Dee Sick!!!

10.18.2010

We got a situation here in Greensboro. I don't know if it is the ever changing weather, pollen, pollution, or what but my allergies attacked me like I tried to steal something!  Coughing, sneezy, itchy eyes, sore throat, I was a pure-t mess! I feel like I need to apologize to my listeners for sounding like a cross between Bea Arthur and Timbaland this morning on the air (five hour show y'all). I won't put you guys through that tomorrow, I promise.

So, I'm kinda stuck in the house tonight, sipping on tea and resting my voice. I was about to go out to Panera for chicken soup but my good friend Kerry prevented the neighbors from seeing me in my jammies, by going to get it for me, she also got the latest copy of O magazine. So tonight, it's just me, tea, soup and my O magazine. What up Oprah?








I have been trying to find reasons to smile because when I'm sick I tend to get grumpy but I am happy to say we got great news at work today. We got our ratings in radio world and our show was #1! That's great news for me and my crew and it definitely helped me grind through today's show. Other things that made me smile today included this hilarious photo spread NC native  Zach Galifanakis did for  Vanity Fair.






And Willow Smith finally released the video for her single "Whip My Hair." It's really different, but I gotta tell you, I love this video.  Check it out below:




And if that wasn't enough Whip action for you, check out 12 yr old Chang-Chang on The Ellen Show dancing to Willow's jam. 




This is a warning to all the adult performers out there. It is time to step it up, these kids are killing it! And I will drop my $1.29 on i Tunes for Willow's girl anthem before I throw it away on that foolish mess Katy Perry is signing about these days. Peacocks and skin tight jeans? Yea, I'm off that, grow up or at least be different!  Ooh I better get going, it's time for my next dose of Mucinex! Good times right?
 





















3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!!! Try some Airborne.

I love little Willow Smith's new single. The lyrics are a little *grown* but its a great song and even has a "message." My daughter loves it!!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! I'm finally feeling better, voice is back and lungs are almost as good as new. Feeling so grateful to be here another day!

Ava said...

I'm late on this post as I just found your blog today, but AMEN on Katy Perry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails