American Music Awards Fashion Recap

11.22.2010

The times are a changing because I totally forgot about the American Music Awards last night. I think I was too busy recovering from the Harry Potter awesomeness. I tuned in just in time to hear Katy Perry struggle through that Firework song. Has anyone noticed her little on stage trick? No not the one where she distracts her audience from her "singing" voice with something exploding from her bra (in the past she's used confetti and whipped cream.) I'm referring to her use of "uh oh uh" as an excuse not to hold a note and crack on live TV.






Word on the street, I mean the BACKstreets (hee hee) is the best part of the show was the New Kids On The Block/Backstreet Boys medley at the end of the night. Thankfully someone posted their performance on Youtube so I was able to get my groove on during the commercial breaks at work.


I don't know why I decided to skip the awards all together (I didn't even DVR it.) Maybe because these shows have become so predictable. Bad clothes, bad singing, movie/album plugs and the night ends with Taylor Swift singing a song about a dude who done did her wrong.


No matter what I think of the awards show, I can't let a chance to review the red carpet frocks pass me by so here we go!


The Good


I loved this dress on Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas. I thought it was fun and flirty and I'm loving the blue and black from head to toe. It doesn't hurt that her body is amazing and she looks fit and healthy but still has some lovely lady lumps.



Jada Pinkett Smith looks like a goddess in her custom made Pucci dress. Her skin is flawless and the color of the dress compliments her  beautiful skin tone.



I prefer Tay-Tay's straight hair and short dress over the big curly hair and poofy dresses she usually wears.




For the first time in a long time Katy Perry looks like a lady! To quote Swizz Beatz, "Nails done, hair done, everything did."




It pains me to admit it but even Miley Cyrus couldn't mess up this look. She managed to mix the sexy with classy and the old school train works with the modern look of the dress.


The Bad


Christina Milian is one of the most beautiful women in the industry but she continues to wear fugly clothes! She needs a new stylist and agent because she deserves better.





This reminds me of those old curtains your Grandma would have in the living room straight from the JC Penny catalog. Mandy Moore, I know you're married to Ryan Adams, a serious indie artist and I love him and his moody melodies, but please remember your outfits don't have to match his music


Gavin did you even shower?

 As crazy as this is, trust me it is an upgrade for Ke$ha



?????

And the Bieber












Isn't he dreamy?



Well there you have it. My AMA fashion review. Who are your picks for best and worst dressed?

2 comments :

Kerry said...

It hurts to vote for Katy, but she really looked beautiful. You know I love Ke$ha, but she really needs to lay off the hooch when getting dressed!

Unknown said...

I have to go with Jada. Katy looks nice but it is such a "safe" look. Ke$ha needs a nap.

Related Posts with Thumbnails