My Current Obsession

8.24.2011

Hi, my name is Deidre and I'm a Pin-a-holic. 
For the last month or so I've been consumed with creating "pinboards" on a new site called Pinterest.




 It's basically a place to compile and organize all the wonders of the internet, food, fashion, entertainment, quotes, design, it's all there. Here is a look at my page.
http://pinterest.com/mydeetales08/pins/






I came across the site when one of my favorite bloggers Nicole Blach of Making It Lovely posted a collection of pink items she found online. No need to bookmark, save images on your hard drive, or waste ink and paper printing things out, with Pinterest you can create your own virtual vision board and share it with others. I love it!




Be warned, this ish is like crack. I'm not proud of it, but I've been known to cancel dates, skip work out classes, and ignore phones calls because I was too busy pinning. I've also got my mom hooked. I'm addicted. Remember how Pookie was called to that crack pipe in New Jack City? Well, I know his pain all too well.




But it's not all rainbows and lollipops. Pinterest does have it's issues. Sometimes it can be a little too Mommy & Me. Pictures of cute babies, and birthday party ideas are aiigght but I'm not into that. I enjoy the fashion, cutting edge design, and provocative photography, not babies in baskets.



Also  I don't see a lot of diversity on Pinterest. You see more Jennifer Anistons than Jennifer Hudsons and Jennifer Lopezs if you catch my drift. However, I still enjoy it and I'm showing no signs of slowing down. I like to think I'm adding a little flavor to the community.


If you're interested in joining, there is a waiting period unless you are invited my a current Pinner. I'm more than happy to give you that first hit..errr I mean invite. Trust me man, it's good stuff. Really good. I know you want it! 


Seriously, I am more than happy to send out an invite, and when you're set be sure to follow mydeetales!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails