Oh Baby Baby: Britney Spears Femme Fatale Tour

8.25.2011

Last night Raleigh, NC had its face rocked off by the awesomeness of Britney Spears and her Femme Fatale Tour. 



If you know me, you know I've been down with Britney since she was a brunette in track pants doing flips at car washes in her Baby One More Time video. My love is true. I even saw that movie Crossroads opening night when it hit theaters.




When Justin Timberlake dissed her in that Cry Me A River video, I defended her. I mean c'mon did she really cheat on him or was JT trying to get some press for his debut album?




Then came the K-Fed years and that God-awful reality show Chaotic. The head shaving, crotch shots, babies, lawsuits, me and Brit-Brit have been through it and not once have a missed a tour. I will travel across state lines and skip a cell phone bill, to support my Britney habit. 

Don't get it twisted, just because I work in radio I'm never guaranteed concert tickets. I had to creep on Craigslist for last minute deals hours before the show and got a pair of tickets in the nosebleed seats and a friend willing to pay for their own ticket (shout out to Kerry!)


Eventually we made it to the concert and not only were our seats horrible, they were so high up, I would have had a hard time enjoying myself  and jamming sitting so close to Jesus in the sky. Luckily we got upgraded to lower level seats right next to the stage! 


My sweet Britney brought it so hard. 90 minutes of up tempo, sometimes cheesy, sexy, fun music. Home girl actually sang y'all! I know she's supposed to sing but let's be real, we don't love Brit for her voice, and her latest stuff if techie auto-tuned jams. But I'm not there for the vocals, I love the beats, the songs, the dancing, the spectacle of it all and I make no apologies. I know she isn't for everyone. There isn't a lot of depth there, but you know sometimes you just want to see pretty people doing pretty things in pretty pink clothes! 

Oh what you want pictures? Boom , I got ya! I caught Britney in all her glory with the camera I snuck inside the arena. Enjoy!





The set list had a great mix of her older hits and the new stuff. I was floored by her performance of "I'm A Slave 4 U." She it all the moves, and it was great seeing her re-create the 2001 hit. Yep, it's been 10 years! 


The crowd was a mix of all types of people. Gay, straight, adults, teens, and the outfits were amazing. Since cameras were illegal I couldn't get as many photos as I wanted but I hope you liked the few I have.  What was the last concert you went to? Did you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Brit Brit? Discuss!

Until next time!
Dee

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails